O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Android Devices (Samsung, HTC, Sony Ericsson, etc.)

Level 1: Joiner
KS17
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Detecting when you have a voicemail

I have just acquired a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have set up my voicemail with O2.  If I have a missed call there is an indication on the phone icon that I have missed a call and the image of a redphone appears on the top left side of the handset.  However, if someone has left a message then I can't find an indicator on the phone to tell me.  Often I find that if I randomly phone 901 I find out that there are messsages there but I didn't know about them because there was no indication on the handset that someone left me a message.  The LED display is supposed to be switched on but is it meant to flash if I've received a voice message?  Is there something else that I need to do?  Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Level 7: Part Timer
MeSw

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Detecting when you have a voicemail

Hi! When you call your voicemail (901), you can change all your notification settings. You can find more infor here.

GL!

Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
Kirell

In the call settings of the S3 you can set it to vibrate when a voicemail is received.

Select the phone icon, press the option key and select call settings and then scroll down. Vibrate is near the bottom.

Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
Zombie_Fried

Did they leave a voicemail on your 901? I get the red phone icon when I miss calls and I get like a little cassette tape icon when I have voicemail. Then I normally pull down the notifications menu. it's says new voicemail and I press that and it auto calls voicemail. I listen then hang up and the cassette icon disappears in about 3 seconds.
Please use plain text.
KS17

thanks for the advice

Please use plain text.
KS17

thanks, good advice
Please use plain text.