cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 - freezing & rebooting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ever since the firmware upgrade on this model, I have had freezing and rebooting. I had it taken in by O2 to be looked at.

It passed all its checks and all I got in feedback was that I should keep the software up-to-date. As far as I was aware I had it all up-to-date.

Upon receipt of the phone I have found the very same issues. Tried opening my music folder this morning and BAM! Frozen.

After several attempts to do the same thing I gave up and rebooted the phone myself. The other issue I have found is when turning on WiFi when I get home.

It goes pale green initially, thinks about connecting then reboots. Soemitmes this doesn't happen but I'm really getting fed up with what used to be a good phone.

Is this a general issue that S2 owners are having to put up with?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No need to root. Software here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5711. After saving the download click on "Firmwares & Files" to download Odin (flashtool). I suggest you register on Sammobile too to prevent issues with passwords in the firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The wifi is a 4.03 glitch. Fix is to install 4.04 software (only possible if you first unlock phone and flash open ROM). As for freezing you need to do a factory reset from recovery mode, but back up first through Kies so you can re install your accounts and settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the exact same problem with mine. 

If the phone is under 24 months old phone up O2 and as it has already been in for repair once they will send you a new phone.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone is now unlocked. Once I have rooted the phone, where do I get hold of 4.04 software?
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No need to root. Software here http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5711. After saving the download click on "Firmwares & Files" to download Odin (flashtool). I suggest you register on Sammobile too to prevent issues with passwords in the firmware.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add for peoples information, I reinstalled facebook this morning as there was a new update and thought I would see if the problem was still there. 

Within 20 minutes of using facebook the phone froze in sleep mode and even doing a hard reset failed so had to tug the battery. Put battery back in tried facebook again, an hour later same issue. 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5, I used this with Odin an 4.04 is up and running. I will keep an eye on things but the main thing is that is done!

Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll get the flash bug now wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8