cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 Android 4.4.2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea as to when this upgrade will be rolled out to devices as it has been released New PDA: N8010XXUDNG1 This has been out since June in the UK according to Sammobile As an alternative, What does the O2 bolt on to the standard 4.4.2 release give you, as I guess I could just install the standard UK 4.4.2 release Currently on 4.1.2 but want the upgrade due to the fixes it gives
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul

Its actually a Note and not a Tab, and yes its running the O2 firmware not that I can see much if any O2 specific software on it.

I had a quick chat with a Guru on line and he said there shouldn't be a problem installing the unbranded 4.4.2 over the top of what I have, but just wanted to be sure.

According to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ the 4.4.2 release for unbranded Note 10.1 (N8010) devices has been out since June, so if I need to upgrade via a full wipe and ODIN then so be it, lots of goodies in 4.4.2

Regards

Ernie

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Chris_K is the only one who has inside info about O2 upgrades (don't confuse O2 firmware with generic Samsung firmware)....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ernie,
Is you Tab an o2 1 or a generic 1. I've got the same 1 generic and am running KK 4.4.2.
If your Tab is an o2 brand then pass if you will even get the KK 4.4.2 update.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Paul

Its actually a Note and not a Tab, and yes its running the O2 firmware not that I can see much if any O2 specific software on it.

I had a quick chat with a Guru on line and he said there shouldn't be a problem installing the unbranded 4.4.2 over the top of what I have, but just wanted to be sure.

According to http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ the 4.4.2 release for unbranded Note 10.1 (N8010) devices has been out since June, so if I need to upgrade via a full wipe and ODIN then so be it, lots of goodies in 4.4.2

Regards

Ernie

Message 4 of 9

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on with the update Ernie if you choose to go ahead!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Why on earth would O2 brand a non GSM device and lock themselves into having to support it with their own firmware.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK Note or Tab to me just a play on words as it's a 10.1 wifi only device that like MI5 states why o2 would "brand a non GSM device and lock themselves into having to support it with their own firmware" is also beyond me
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now did the UPGRADE, and its all looking good, it actually upgraded my current software losing nothing rather than doing a complete wipe.

But then I wanted to clean up the disk so did a factory reset afterwards so all is good

Dunno why people had to make negative comments on this, it did nothing to help answer my question.

O2 chose to brand the release, so what can Note owners do.

But hey, with the upgrade its now unbranded and seems fine running 4.4.2

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Hi Ernie, I'm glad you are sorted out slight_smile
I don't see any "negative comments" as you put it... Quite often questions posted can develop into discussions on the subject and can lead to other questions etc, but anyway, you got your update which is great.
Thanks for letting us know slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9