O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 2: Apprentice
bonusprize

Samsung GT-S5230 won't recognise my O2 sim card?

Please help!

My Blackberry has gone in for repair and so i've put my O2 monthly pay sim into my old Samsung.  The phone is showing a signal, however, when I go to make a call its saying "Emergency Calls Only", when I go onto the browser it says "Service Unavailable"???

I'm getting really frustrated and I haven't got another spare handset to use?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
neilgmartin

Re: Samsung GT-S5230 won't recognise my O2 sim card?

ok, just to illuminate the obvious firstly

was your samsung always with o2, or was it originally bought for a different network. If it was bought for a different network it may be locked to that network, meaning it will not allow full use of any other networks simcards

to fix this, you will could try flashin the phone with the o2 version of the phones system software. I'm sure one the the many helpful guys here will be able to advise you on how to do this or a better alternative to fix it

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 255
Solutions: 2,997

Sounds suspiciously like the Samsung may be barred? But, need more detail. Was the Samsung on contact? With who? Did the contract end amicably etc.....?
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
bonusprize

Thanks for the replies!

This is the strange thing... Its my old phone, provided by O2 (same contract, same number, everything), has all the O2 network connections, but, now, its not recognising my sim?  I'm wondering if it has something to do with me up-grading to a Blackberry?  

Really haven't got a clue, somebody, somewhere... Save me please!  I need contact with the outside world! ;-)

Please use plain text.
MI5
Topics: 255
Solutions: 2,997

If it was due to the Blackberry needing different SIM / account settings it would explain the data not working but the calls and texts should still work OK.
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Samsung Note 4.
Please use plain text.