cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Always say Pending

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if this should be in this section or the other, and TBH at 6.30 i couldn't give 36 flying fornications, sorry, am i banned?
Thank you, every single tx I've sent since getting this phone, MOTO X 3 months,still says pending whether it's been delivered or not, same with MMS, what the hell is going on? Really weird..
There's more like in about phone it doesn't show phone number, and as i said other things i can't remember early lol.
It says something like 'Radio not switched on' works fine apart from this, oh...and a crazy bill that had been regular for 3 months at about £70 monthly due to buying data bolt ons cos wifi is down, last month's bill however, check this....
£305!!?? Like, WTF? i hadn't used the phone any extra, even checked the bill, was well over but around half that?
I'll sort bill myself but if anyone can help my PENDING id be chuffed bits, cheers.
Maxed
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It simply means that you need to put your sim in a phone with sim writing capability.
Android doesn't do it (I've no idea why but there must be a good reason), old Nokia's, BB's and iPhones can do it and only takes a few secs if it's important enough to you to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, to 02, how can i increase my mobile data from a paltry 300mbs to 1g, I've got unlimited txs which i hardly use, unlimited calls tio landines.
Thanks
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Check your tariff in your myo2 to see if another with more suitable allowances can be chosen or speak to O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Mms depends on data connection so perhaps check your masts via -> http://status.o2.co.uk

Check your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination.

You may also need to speak to customer services to have your account re provisioned for mms. Take into account a mms message costs 40p each so maybe look at sending these files as email or use what's app and Viber (if the other parties have them too) as examples if messages are not getting through.

Also check your messaging number to make sure that's right. -> http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/text-message-settings

If it turns out to be the solely the phone then perhaps Google to see if anyone else has had issues.

Perhaps try another sms app too.

One find http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/84903-pic-messages-not-sending-always-pending.htm...
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, i rarely send anything by MMS. like you said.,tok expensive, it's the SMS that are always saying pending even when the other party has received then, i can go back 3 months and they still say pending but they received then instantly? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Also it says phone number unknown in the about phone section, i can't understand that? It's taken months for it to show IP address,.. Il do the other things you saif, txs are getting through BTW.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning.

You're welcome.

Your phone number should upload in to the section you speak of as the phone reads it from the SIM card. Have you ever moved a new number to that SIM card via a port or sim swap ?

On my iPhone I have to manually input my number.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

O2 doesn't support delivery reports, so can ask why you say your sms are pending? 

Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to put your sim in a phone that allows you to write the number to the sim. O2 don't include phone numbers on sim cards so the phone is reading a blank space.
Put your sim in an old Nokia or blackberry etc and save your number then when back in the moto it will display the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You need to put your sim in a phone that allows you to write the number to the sim. O2 don't include phone numbers on sim cards so the phone is reading a blank space.
Put your sim in an old Nokia or blackberry etc and save your number then when back in the moto it will display the number.

Ermmmm.....
"You need to put your sim in a phone that allows you to write the number to the sim".

I am never afraid to ask anything...so...what the heck does that mean please?? Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It simply means that you need to put your sim in a phone with sim writing capability.
Android doesn't do it (I've no idea why but there must be a good reason), old Nokia's, BB's and iPhones can do it and only takes a few secs if it's important enough to you to do it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Before this though I would suggest the OP try's a new sim card to see if the problems are resolved with text messages.
Sim Swap process, if required:
Any O2 High Street Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle. Regards MI5 16/12/14

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15