cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG S4 TURNS ITSELF OFF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, is anyone else having issues with their S4 switching itself off when playing games or wanting to ready sky news on facebook?  It then won't switch back on until the charger is plugged back in or left alone for a few hours.  

Is it a battery problem?  I know the phone has a high percentage of charge, yet when it's plugged into the mobile, the battery shows empty then after a few minutes shows how much the actual charge is?

Very frustrating as not had the phone long and at £29 per month expect no problems! 

Thanks, Michele

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Bulging battery problem - Quite common unfortunately 😞
O2 require you to send the whole phone in to be checked and they will replace the battery for you or you can just buy yourself a new battery - But I'd recommend buying a genuine Samsung one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

How long have you had the phone for ?

If under 14 days request O2 to swap out the whole unit.

If over 14 days I'd suggest seeking help from the manufacturers uk support help site.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
My pleasure slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem last year, took it to an O2 shop who took battery out placed it on a flat surface and hit it with hammer 😄. Only joking. When it was placed on flat surface it rocked a little hence bulging battery, purchased one myself as I didn't want to be without the phone for the 2 weeks I was told it would be to replace battery. Never had an issue since.
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the same problem last year, took it to an O2 shop who took battery out placed it on a flat surface and hit it with hammer 😄. Only joking. When it was placed on flat surface it rocked a little hence bulging battery, purchased one myself as I didn't want to be without the phone for the 2 weeks I was told it would be to replace battery. Never had an issue since.

Same with me. All the problems with the phone turning itself off...additionally my phone got warm to the touch and yes it was a bulging battery. Easily replaced ... I made sure I replaced it with a genuine Samsung battery...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Always make sure you get a genuine battery though. Many of those on Amazon/eBay claim to be genuine so read the reviews. Best option would be to buy from a Samsung retailer. More expensive but peace of mind.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
On special offer, today only, direct from Sammy http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/smartphone-accessories/EB-B600BEBECWW?...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9