cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 loses 4G only in the afternoons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Very stumped with this one,

New S5 4G works great in the mornings, at the same time every afternoon (1.15pm) the 4G signal goes and im left with G the rest of the day.

I've had a sim swap to eliminate that,

i'm kind of at a loss now, is the phone faulty? is it o2 messing around?

Any help would be great

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have similar problems with 4g..my difference is that i get no signal at all even though i was told it was in my area..in the last 3 months i have had 4g connection around half a dozen times when we go elsewhere..not at all happy with the so called "service" i am paying for.

Message 21 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a widespread problem with many customers suffering the same poor coverage and congestion problems.

Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just let you all know Stirling jus got 4G now I've just noticed that on my Samsung Galaxy S5 4G phone this afternoon!!
I'm getting about 24 Meg down an 6 Meg up not bad is it??
Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news slight_smile

Enjoy the speeds.
Message 24 of 28

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's a good start slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

After talking to Network services, i can only assume they are full of brown excrement type material.

Are you trying to tell me at 1.15 pm every day - Every single person in stretford logs onto and uses 4g for 5 hours solid making my phone revert to G? are you kidding me?

Do you people think i've just fell out of a boat and can fob me off with Taurus fecal excuses?

I'll see you in court.

(i cannot use foul language or * to disguise the words hence the english & latin non swear words)

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're all customers experiencing different levels of connection across the UK.

If you feel so inclined then I wish you all the best with your situation S5_problems
Message 28 of 28