cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 loses 4G only in the afternoons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Very stumped with this one,

New S5 4G works great in the mornings, at the same time every afternoon (1.15pm) the 4G signal goes and im left with G the rest of the day.

I've had a sim swap to eliminate that,

i'm kind of at a loss now, is the phone faulty? is it o2 messing around?

Any help would be great

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
its just no good, ive upgraded from an S3 and got H+ pretty much everywhere, new shiny S5 not worth a carrot if i can't get a signal after 1pm
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination.
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
This does seem to be happening more and more now and it seems to be getting worse rather than better:(
Message 13 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I get the same scenario when in my Coventry office which is on the edge of 4G coverage.
My signal can be anything between 4g and G depending on the time of day....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
according to o2's map, i should get all day where i am.

i'll make a note of what happens this afternoon!
Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It says the same for me too but the reality is something quite different to the expectation.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

My signal drops dramitically in the mid to late afternoon and generally picks up around 7-8pm but I very rarely get full bars on the phone. Not good when the status checker and coverage checker says otherwise.

Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to the Mynetwork app everything is fine....Can o2 explain to me why the same thing happens , at the same time every day.
Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

As this is a user to user forum with O2 site management you won't get an official explanation here.

You'd be better of filling out the complaint form http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain , and or speaking to customer services on 202.

It does sound like network congestion which is yet to be officially confirmed.
Message 19 of 28

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'll go with congestion - That's what I put mine down to, but that is in no way an official response, just another miffed customer response.....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 28