cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 loses 4G only in the afternoons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, Very stumped with this one,

New S5 4G works great in the mornings, at the same time every afternoon (1.15pm) the 4G signal goes and im left with G the rest of the day.

I've had a sim swap to eliminate that,

i'm kind of at a loss now, is the phone faulty? is it o2 messing around?

Any help would be great

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can download the MYNETWORK APP to report the masts.

A good help thread is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

We've had a substantial amount of threads saying what you are and that the masts are showing good, tried different phones and still weak / no signal.

We know O2 are updating their masts ready for the 2017 network future promise and as such many are suffering what is out down to mast congestion.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly mast congestion which is happening all over the uk.

Use this to check your masts and planned maintenance.

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add for call stability turn off 4g / 3G in your phones settings to push to 2g. Downside is even slower internet connection 😞
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to that everything is just peachy, if its an o2 problem, why wont they admit it?

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

it does point to o2 because its the same time every day.

Its really starting to get on my nerves, another visit to the o2 shop maybe in order

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can download the MYNETWORK APP to report the masts.

A good help thread is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

We've had a substantial amount of threads saying what you are and that the masts are showing good, tried different phones and still weak / no signal.

We know O2 are updating their masts ready for the 2017 network future promise and as such many are suffering what is out down to mast congestion.
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest they'll check the service status link and say it's showing as ok.

Are other people in the area on O2 suffering the same. If so ask them to report the masts the same way to lend weight to your plight.
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for the speedy reply, i'll download it and see what happens
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

My pleasure.

You may even get a follow up call from O2 from your report.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Message 9 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

There seems to be a problem nationwide with mast congestion. You only have to browse the forum or O2 Twitter to see the extent of the problems.

I'm on day 2 of no coverage although o2 are allegedly repairing a mast for the 3rd time since May.

Message 10 of 28