Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 battery drain no wakelock

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had my S5 for about 3 months now no issues. Battery really good with about 3% drain overnight on wifi. Fully charged it last night and got up this morning to find the battery on 69%. Thought it was some app causing a wakelock but nothing in the battery stats. The phone only wokeup a few times during the night briefly, and the only processes using the battery were System Idle and Cell Standby. Had full signal all night aswell and wifi was ok.

So what could cause such a battery drain when nothing was using the battery?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No apps updated. I manually update apps anyway for this reason. Last updated app was on the 23rd. Charged phone overnight on 23rd and was fine all day yesterday
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Strange one and as you say, no obvious reason for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Reboot appears to have fixed it. But know matter what the process was that was draining the battery, it should have shown up on the battery stats
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed with my Galaxy A3 that if i charge it off a USB port on laptop, the battery will initially drain quicker than if it was charged with the supplied charger then it seems ok after the first 20% or so. The only thing reason I can think for this is the USB port doesn't charge it at the same rate as the supplied charger, though this shouldn't really make any difference.

Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A reboot fixes most things but any apps you disable are usually reactivated again when you reboot.

Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I had similar battery drain issues and was ready to return the handset but there was an update to Lollipop released which cured the bug. Worth making sure Android is 100% up to date.

Hope you get it sorted!
Message 16 of 17

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Im reluctant to update as everything been prefect with Lollipop 5.0 until this issue
Message 17 of 17