Did you mean: 

S4 text message delay after upgrading to KitKat

Blakey1152
Level 1: Joiner
  • 39 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

This is driving me nuts now. I had the notification that there was a software update on my Samsung Galaxy S4 to KitKat which completed successfully then ever since I've had nothing but trouble with text messages.

It seems that incoming messages are subject to either a huge delay or don't arrive at all.

First time I noticed anything was wrong was last night when Gmail wanted to send me a text message to confirm that it was me accessing my e-mail. This message didn't appear to turn up so I thought it was a bit odd.

I then sent myself 10 messages from my phone during the course of last night from about 2am to 5am and none of them arrived immediately.

This afternoon, I was out my phone goes ping,ping,ping,ping,ping....I looked and I had 9 of the messages that I had sent last night - one has still not arrived.

two messages that the missus sent that morning also took 8 hours to arrive.

and finally the Gmail verification code also came through - after 14 hours!

Sending messages seems ok, the missus got the test messages I sent her but this huge delay on receiving messages is incredible.

I am wondering if it has something to do with KitKat as had no problems before or whether its an o2 issue. My settings must still be correct as the messages are eventually getting through.

I have tried rebooting the phone and seeing if that helped to no avail

Any advice would be appreciated!

Chris

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You may as well but they'll prob just want to send it off for repair....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really struggle to understand why the guru says to go to store. Invariably store are unable to assist and the shop assistants get just as frustrated. It is no wonder customers get fed up.

If it needs a repair then the guru should say that not waste everyone's time. Poor customer service helps no one.
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue... Don't use text all that much but noticed this weekend when I had to text a load of people that I did not get the replies that were sent in the day yesterday until this morning... Annoying!!

I too am using the S4 and upgraded it to 4.4.2 so is this a samsung thing rather than an O2 issue?!?!

Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem with a Motorola G and I am upgraded to the latest Lollipop(?).  Not being able to rely on text messages is a real nuisance - I sometimes get them several days later!

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife is having the exact same issue on an S6 edge 128 running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. We have tried contacting O2 customer support carried out everything they suggested, like hard reset, clean sim card, etc. to no avail and have ran out of ideas. I am wondering if anyone else has a similar issue and has had it resolved could they let me know. 

Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It's gonna be either a faulty sim or a network issue.
Get a sim swap in your local store and check here for network issues http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5. Service status is okay will try sim swap and post back. Thanks again

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Keep your eye on the status checker too as faults may not show immediately.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Swapped sim card all looks okay. Thanks MI5.
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Will keep fingers crossed for you....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20