cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S4 Lollipop high CPU for Task Manager (com.sec.android.app.controlpannel)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

After upgrading my S4 with the Lollipop update my phone has become a hand warming device rather than a usable phone. If only it was winter then at least I could use it to keep warm.

The CPU of the phone is constantly high and when I check to see what is using the CPU using Battery Mix and System I always see Task Manager at the top of the list.

After doing some research I see that Task Manager is a app provided by Samsung which shows your recently runnning apps when you hold down the front button on the phone. I can't uninstall Task Manager nor can I stop it (as it just restarts automatically).

I don't want to do a factory reset if I can help it as I would like to find a solution for this problem. It seems that I have a problem with one app if that app where not running then I would be OK.

All the best,

Colin

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply slight_smile

Do you think it is a safe option to a full backup of the phone using Kies3 and then do a factory reset?

Is there anything else you recommend as part of the backup before the reset?

Regards,

Colin

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just a full back up with Kies3 and then go for it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have bitten the bullet and done a factory restore and then restored my account details from Google, Samsung and Kies3. I can't even see Task Manager in the list of active applications now now can I see it under Battery Mix. I will monitor for the next couple of days and provide a feedback here for other people in case they have the same "fun" I've had.

Thanks for the advice slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sometimes it's essential to reset but others can get away without it. Best to wait and see if you get any problems first though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

One of out regular members got away without a reset Rich as I recall? He had an S4 and took your advice the other day? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7