cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 went in for repair last week because the speaker made a funny noise when it started ringing. The phone has been in for repair on two previous occasions, once for a software issue and once for the charge point. When the phone has come back it was never wiped and had all my data, settings on it.

I got a message stating that the repair wasn't covered by the phone warranty and when I collected it was told that the phone had been routed. There is absolutely no way I have done this. I wouldn't know where to begin. No one else uses this phone.

I have the phone back and it has been wiped. I was made aware that this could happen however it seems suspicious to me that it was never wiped before and suddenly I am being told its been routed.

What is going on ?

Is it possible to tell when it was allegedly routed ?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Maybe they looked at the date of this alleged rooting and realised it was in for repair at the time wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 63

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
.....and would never admit that was the case (directly)
Message 52 of 63

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
.....and would never admit that was the case (directly)

of course not, but  they can make themselves look good from it with a "goodwill" gesture of a replacement phone though !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 53 of 63

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yup, well the alternative is to return handset, customer goes to Sammy, Sammy look at knox trip date, Sammy tear anova a new rectum.
Message 54 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Yup, well the alternative is to return handset, customer goes to Sammy, Sammy look at knox trip date, Sammy tear anova a new rectum.

How painful....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 63

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 56 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone arrived yesterday. I think it's reconditioned as it's got a glass screen cover on it like the ones I use. Spent all last night getting it how I like it. I wish kies would back up a complete imprint is the phone.
Message 57 of 63

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It will definitely be a recon. But I've had recons before and they have been fine, in fact I've still got one I bought about 4 years ago.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 63

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 59 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good luck with it...though trying to work out what you mean by this @Anonymous ?

"I wish kies would back up a complete imprint is the phone."

Perhaps one of our experts will explain... as I have gone a little brain dead this morning..Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 63