cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 went in for repair last week because the speaker made a funny noise when it started ringing. The phone has been in for repair on two previous occasions, once for a software issue and once for the charge point. When the phone has come back it was never wiped and had all my data, settings on it.

I got a message stating that the repair wasn't covered by the phone warranty and when I collected it was told that the phone had been routed. There is absolutely no way I have done this. I wouldn't know where to begin. No one else uses this phone.

I have the phone back and it has been wiped. I was made aware that this could happen however it seems suspicious to me that it was never wiped before and suddenly I am being told its been routed.

What is going on ?

Is it possible to tell when it was allegedly routed ?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I wouldn't have allowed them to do anything more to it, I would have asked for a dated technician report and the phone. Samsung would have seen anova tripped the knox and dealt with it.
Probably would have been near sorted by now.
Just who is this third party they are getting to mess around with the knox timestamps?
Message 41 of 63

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh dear. Best of luck with this @Anonymous  I had hoped it would have gone back to Samsung....You certainly would have had some sort of response/repair by now

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 63

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We told you to go to Samsung a number of times = who knows what O2 will do with it next !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 63

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I have an Official LG ROM and they told me I was rooted. They claimed to have to screenshot.....which when I asked about it (this still bemuses me to this very day), because of the data protection act, the engineer's findings were not able to be shared with me.

Absolutely tosh and loopholes asunder...

The bottom line is if Anovo UK default battery of tests don't suit every handset, then it's a case of tough.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 44 of 63

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's just another of their get out clauses along with water damage......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 63

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I find it strange that people come to the community for advice which we give in all good faith but then that advice (backed up with years of experience between us) is ignored. 

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 46 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did take on board everyone's advice and did state that if I got no joy through the shop I would send the phone to samsung. Anyway after collecting my phone again today and speaking to the repair people. They were standing on that it had been rooted. However they accepted that there is no way I have done it and are sending me a replacement on thursday. Problem solved. Thanks for all the responses. 

Message 47 of 63

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad that it has now been sorted out for you, thanks for letting us know.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 48 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Best of luck with your replacement @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 63

jonsie