cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 went in for repair last week because the speaker made a funny noise when it started ringing. The phone has been in for repair on two previous occasions, once for a software issue and once for the charge point. When the phone has come back it was never wiped and had all my data, settings on it.

I got a message stating that the repair wasn't covered by the phone warranty and when I collected it was told that the phone had been routed. There is absolutely no way I have done this. I wouldn't know where to begin. No one else uses this phone.

I have the phone back and it has been wiped. I was made aware that this could happen however it seems suspicious to me that it was never wiped before and suddenly I am being told its been routed.

What is going on ?

Is it possible to tell when it was allegedly routed ?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have factory reset it since then to reinstall my stuff as they had started set up. Would this make a difference to what it said in settings

Message 21 of 63

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

No it would make no difference.  Anovo are a joke. Go to the Samsung support website and arrange a repair by people who know what they are doing.

Message 22 of 63

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Once the device status has changed there is no way to switch it back at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

They've given me a screen shot photocopy ( just found it in the box ) which says;

CURRENT BINARY; Samsung official

SYSTEM STATUS: official

knox kernel lock : 0x0

knox warranty void: 0x1

I'm on nights so its hard to sort anything out.

Message 24 of 63

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
What's more important is what your actual phone says, @MI5 will be able to tell you how to get to the screen that shows that info.
I'm not too sure but I think the 0x1 is not root anyway, I think the kernel counter was root but as I said, I'm not sure.
Message 25 of 63

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

knox warranty void: 0x1

That is nothing to do with rooting - that is commonly caused by someone trying to downgrade firmware.

Did you have this phone from new?

It could have been tripprd by the repairers but without proof of what it was before it will be impossible to prove but I would still go back to Samsung and tell them O2's repairers have screwed it up.....

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 63

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ignore that last bit, just Google it.
But I still would check the exact status of YOUR phone, and also, you said it came back wiped? @MI5 could anovo have triggered it with whatever flash they did?
Message 27 of 63

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Near tardis
Message 28 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, yes had from new. 

last night tonight so am going to ring the 02 shop for an update when I get up tomorrow.

Message 29 of 63

MI5
  • 144358 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You may wish to complain http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain but I'd still be talking to Sammy too.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 63