cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S4 went in for repair last week because the speaker made a funny noise when it started ringing. The phone has been in for repair on two previous occasions, once for a software issue and once for the charge point. When the phone has come back it was never wiped and had all my data, settings on it.

I got a message stating that the repair wasn't covered by the phone warranty and when I collected it was told that the phone had been routed. There is absolutely no way I have done this. I wouldn't know where to begin. No one else uses this phone.

I have the phone back and it has been wiped. I was made aware that this could happen however it seems suspicious to me that it was never wiped before and suddenly I am being told its been routed.

What is going on ?

Is it possible to tell when it was allegedly routed ?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I think you mean rooted, and with no offense intended, if you've got that wrong, it's pretty obvious it wasn't you who rooted the phone. I'm presuming you sent the phone back to O2 for repair, which was your first mistake. The company O2 use for repairs doesn't have a stellar reputation. My advice would be to contact Samsung directly and explain the problem. With any luck they'll tell you to send it to them, and hopefully repair the phone for you, but that's not a certainty. All you can do is try.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilarious, tks.

Thats probably why i've got no luck googling it. I'll try rooted instead. The blokes in the shop seemed to accept that I hadn't done whatever 02 repairs said I had. They were going to speak to their manager and get back to me.

Currently restoring all my setting from kies. Not easy in itself.

Message 3 of 63

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

At least you have the shop on your side. How old is the phone? Is it still under manufacturer's warranty? If so, I still suggest you send it to Samsung. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 63

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Go to settings >about device and scroll down to device status. Tell me what it says?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 63

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Anovo UK use the rooted telephone baloney "all of the time" apparently. It's another way of saying this is beyond our scope of abilities therefore just buy a new phone like a naive thicko. When the guy at O2 said I rooted my handset, he was probably a bit flumoxed when I said "So you're accusing me of reverse engineering the operating system by overwriting the kernel with an insecure version, in order to change the factor default software?". It was words to that effect....Smiley Very Happy

Surprisingly there was no real retort after that. I wish I dealt with LG direct as they would be no real conflict. Whenever I can I try to deal direct with the people "repairing" my things.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 63

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Funny thing is I just got some headphones repaired recently. There was no cries of reverse engineering or unwarranted modification. 

The more I look at humanity the more I despair. Except Holly Willoughby and Victoria Coren, they're fine.

Message 7 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Funny thing is I just got some headphones repaired recently. There was no cries of reverse engineering or unwarranted modification. 

The more I look at humanity the more I despair. Except Holly Willoughby and Victoria Coren, they're fine.

Please do not forget Johnny Depp. Aiden Turner and Benedict Cumberbatch in your humanitarian ruminations. Only thinking from a female perspective @anticpated   Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry had to go to work, in settings, about device it says a lot of things, which section do you want ?

Message 9 of 63

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Yeah but it would a bit wrong me bigging them up. Them as well. As the Pub Landlord would say "And some Wine for the ladies!"

Message 10 of 63