cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean, Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)? I have sent my Samsung S5 mini in for repair as it has trouble finding and keeping connected to the o2 network.  I've only had the phone 3 month. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can check for yourself here http://www.checkmend.com/uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Its only 3 months old. Surely it could go back to Samsung (if its not barred I mean) ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

God knows lol its just a waiting game now and hope samsung repair it.  I think they would of known if it was blacklisted and not found the fault was either board or antenna or both.  Think I'll reply to anovo and tell them O2 say it is not blacklisted and they have made an error, see what they say then.   I got a transcript no and had it emailed to me from the o2 chat. 

Message 43 of 59

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Its only 3 months old. Surely it could go back to Samsung (if its not barred I mean) ?

It has I believe....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dropped the phone off at the Samsung Store in Metro Centre Gateshead for repair.  But according to this http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2012/10/08/anovo-lands-samsung-mobile-repair-contract/ Samsung use Anovo to repair there handsets. 

Message 45 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It has I believe....

I must have missed that. I thought it went to O2/Anova....oh well.. no need for me to add to the confusion Confused wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 59

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But according to this http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2012/10/08/anovo-lands-samsung-mobile-repair-contract/ Samsung use Anovo to repair there handsets. 

They do, but it's a different part of Anovo with specifically Samsung trained techs, not "Jack's of all phones".

Currently using:
Message 47 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

They do, but it's a different part of Anovo with specifically Samsung trained techs, not "Jack's of all phones".

Thats ok then, latest from repair tracker:-

"

What's happening now?

We haven't got the parts we need to fix your device in stock. The manufacturer is delivering them - the repair tracker will be updated as soon as they arrive.

• What happens next?

Once the required parts are received, one of our qualified engineers will repair your device. Keep checking back here for updates.

• "

It would appear it is going to be fixed if they are awaiting parts. 

Message 48 of 59

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Looks more promising.

Currently using:
Message 49 of 59

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 50 of 59