cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean, Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)? I have sent my Samsung S5 mini in for repair as it has trouble finding and keeping connected to the o2 network.  I've only had the phone 3 month. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully samsung are able to repair it, if they do I will be complaining to O2, as I feel they have tried to con me into buying another handset because they couldn't be bothered to fix it as they would of known it was fixable my sumsung under there 2 year warranty. 

If anyone can fix the phone, it will be Samsung.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing some research on Anovo, I hope my phone isn't going back to them for repair?

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2012/10/08/anovo-lands-samsung-mobile-repair-contract/

Message 32 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Doing some research on Anovo, I hope my phone isn't going back to them for repair?

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2012/10/08/anovo-lands-samsung-mobile-repair-contract/

I know... there are multipe threads complaining about this so called repair company slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 59

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You if you return it to o2 it will invariably end up there.  Always go directly with the manufacturer. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 34 of 59

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Many of the manufacturers use Anovo but they seem to have their own depts within the company so they generally go to specifically trained technicians who only deal with one brand rather than anything that lands on their workbench.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 59

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That's my understanding. The manufacturer will have the final say thankfully. 

Message 36 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Many of the manufacturers use Anovo but they seem to have their own depts within the company so they generally go to specifically trained technicians who only deal with one brand rather than anything that lands on their workbench.

Thats true usually. My son worked for Unipart who 'repaired' vodaphone devices. He was meant to repair Samsung phones only. However, most of the employees are agency staff so when they were sick or whatever...he found himself moved to the Nokia section...(or any for that matter). It didn't impress him much at all slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days ago I sent Anovo an email, asking exactly what the problem was with the handset, and why it was deemed BER after only 3 mths.  This is there reply:-

"customerenduser@a-novo.co.uk

I am contacting you from the O2 Repair Centre.

We have recently received your Samsung SM-G800F (GS5 Mini) Black at the repair centre.

Following an assessment by one of our qualified engineers it was deemed to be beyond econimical repair (BER), as it showed as being blacklisted by the network. Due to this our engineers have been unable to repair your handset.

I would advise calling O2 customer services directly to get them to remove this. You can call them on either 202 from your mobile or you can call them on 0844 847 0202 from a landline.

If you need anything else, please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

Have a lovely afternoon.  

Kind regards

O2 Online Team

Administration Assistant

"

Are these jokers for real?  Do I contact O2, and ask them wtf is going on? 

Message 38 of 59

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

So, they are advising you to call 202 from your (barred) handset ????
Anyway, it has been known for O2 to "accidentally" bar handsets in error - what was the problem you were having with the phone in the first place?

Edit: Just re-read your OP and that would explain the problem !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 online chat say its def not blacklisted and Anovo must have got it mixed up. 

Message 40 of 59