cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean, Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)? I have sent my Samsung S5 mini in for repair as it has trouble finding and keeping connected to the o2 network.  I've only had the phone 3 month. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

To claim water damage surely they would need proof of this?  I have the original sim card, so I could get that independently tested to prove its not water damage. 

Either way, I guess when I get it back I'll have to send it to Samsung for them to check or would these idiots simply drop it in water themselfs?

Message 22 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No I doubt they would drop it in water themselves. ...it's just the most common reason for non repair. Thankfully Samsung have a 2 year warranty so the sooner you get it to them the better wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 59

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's all conjecture at the moment but get the phone back and send it off to Samsung and let their experts look at it.

Message 24 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the o2 store and got the phone back, the staff didn't know it wasn't fixed as it was in a box unopened.  I got them to open it, and found a letter inside.  It states our "engineer Adam" lol has found its got a problem that my warranty doesnt cover, because of this it is classed as "Beyond Economic Repair". They go on to say I should claim under insurance or I can have a discounted refurbished handset. 

So letter does not even tell me what the problem is.  I have took it to my local Samsung Store, they looked at it along with the letter from O2 and they laughed, said they clearly got no idea what they are doing.  I left phone with them for 30 mins, went back and they said after testing the problem is either the antenna, the board or both.  But judging by the way the phone behaves when trying to make a call its almost certainly the board.  They inspected the phone, found no water damage, and phone is in as new condition.  So its being sent off for repair, 10-14 days which they say the warranty will cover. 

Message 25 of 59

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
As we expected......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 59

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Another fantastic advert for the quality service from anova repairs UK.
Well done sirs, well done indeed.

Viridis would like to point out that the above is sarcastic and he considers anova UK to be incompetent repairers who are unfit for purpose, viridis would also like to add he never would recommend anyone to use anova repairs as they will either rip you off or ruin your phone, he can publicly say this as evidence shows the above to be true and in slander or libel cases, historical evidence is taken into account.
Message 27 of 59

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 28 of 59

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Another fantastic advert for the quality service from anova repairs UK.
Well done sirs, well done indeed.

Viridis would like to point out that the above is sarcastic and he considers anova UK to be incompetent repairers who are unfit for purpose, viridis would also like to add he never would recommend anyone to use anova repairs as they will either rip you off or ruin your phone, he can publicly say this as evidence shows the above to be true and in slander or libel cases, historical evidence is taken into account.

100% in agreement. ..uusual disclaimer applies!

Message 29 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully samsung are able to repair it, if they do I will be complaining to O2, as I feel they have tried to con me into buying another handset because they couldn't be bothered to fix it as they would of known it was fixable my sumsung under there 2 year warranty. 

Message 30 of 59