cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this mean, Repair Outcome: BER Non-Tech (PowersOn)? I have sent my Samsung S5 mini in for repair as it has trouble finding and keeping connected to the o2 network.  I've only had the phone 3 month. 

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep this post updated when I get to know anything. 

Message 11 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anova are renowned for claiming water damage then just sending the un repaired unit back within 3 days
Message 12 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

My son used to work for Unipart who did repairs for Vodaphone.(O2 use Anova). My lad was disgusted at the poor standard of repair work. Basically there are about 10 faults on a list. If the phone doesn't fit into the prerequisite 10...too bad...they will make it fit into one of those 10. Hence water damage being the favourite one of Anova. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like live chat & the prepared script
Message 14 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't they need to prove water damage if thats what they claim?  The staff in o2 shop checked the phone, removed battery and sim wouldn't they see if it had water damage?  If this is what they claim, and they wont repair or replace what is my rights here?  I dont want to pay for a phone I havent damaged that has lasted only 3 months. 

Message 15 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They are a law unto themselves.
We would have advised you to go to Samsung directly if you had asked us here first, because we know what they are like.
You will need to prove it isn't water damaged (if that is what they claim) and you can then make an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a txt saying the problem isnt covered under warranty, and phone is being returned with a list of options. 

Message 17 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I just had a txt saying the problem isnt covered under warranty, and phone is being returned with a list of options. 

Then now you should contact Samsung for advice and get the phone to them. It's 3 months old....

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 59

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
OK book opening:
I've got
5/3 water damage
2/1 rooted
7/4 damage from fall or drop
Message 19 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Needs new MB and it will cost you £180 wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 59