cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent deterioration in O2 signal both for calls and data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently noticed that I am unable to hold a conversation on my phone without the call tripping out or not getting through at all. I know there are always black spots for Mobile phones but I seen to be finding them all over the West Midlands. I have been covining the same patch in my van for over 3 years and current phone is over 18 months in service. I also use a mobile card payment device that transmits via mobile data over more than one network although is it programmed to start with O2 before moving on it seems to fail to conect with O2 on the 1st attempt nealy 50% of the time. When I 1st had the machine conection rates were far more sucsessfull. just a coincidence that 4G has been launched ?

As my contract is soon up I think it is time to move network !

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There is some work being done in that area so that mau help:

Live results for West Midlands

Our network is currently working fine
We'll be carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in this area on the 14 October, 15 October & 16 October
Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There is some work being done in that area so that mau help:

Live results for West Midlands

Our network is currently working fine
We'll be carrying out some maintenance on our phone masts in this area on the 14 October, 15 October & 16 October
Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 network had a national outage last week which affected in different ways.

This was due to O2 carrying out work to 2 g and 3 g network upgrades so that could still be having an effect in your neck of the woods.

Message 3 of 3