Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive SMS messages without phone

babyboomer49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone is being sent for repair to have a new screen & it can be gone for up to 10 days. Various places like my bank use my mobile number to send things like money transfer approval codes via SMS. Is there any scheme to retrieve or redirect SMS messages to something like a PC until I get my phone back?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think "Mightytext" will but you would be better off putting your sim in another phone temporarily.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think "Mightytext" will but you would be better off putting your sim in another phone temporarily.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

babyboomer49
  • 16 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mightytext says it is installed on the phone & PC so presumably when a message arrives Mightytext sends it to its PC program. As the phone will be away being dismembered that wouldn't be possible. I suppose a lot depends on whether SMS messages are retrieved from O2 servers by the phone or whether they are sent out by O2. I suspect the former so unless there is a way of joining up numbers in my O2 account or redirecting them at source there may be no solution other than finding an unlocked phone to borrow.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've never used it so not sure of the detail exactly how it works, but yes, a spare phone would be the easiest I'm sure.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need Mightytext on both devices. However they are stand alone and messages can be received on PC or tablet. I've used it for a couple of years now.

Message 5 of 5