cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Sony Xperia SP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All

My Sony Xperia SP becomes unresponsive when I call someone and it goes through to their voicemail. The screen goes black, I cannot disconnect and all I can do is remove the SIM card and restart - which becomes very tiresome. I have sent it to the o2 repair centre, which claimed there was no fault and returned it. The fault persists. I have ensured the software is up to date. o2 will do nothing apart from send it to be repaired again. Any suggestions? This phone is sending my stress levels through the roof.....

Simon

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Not with the SP - I ran mine completely clean of anything and it still constantly crashed.
It was the 4.3 update that screwed the handset up and that was also the point that Sony decided they weren't going to update it any further - Result, a completely useless device unless you install a custom ROM which is very difficult on an O2 branded phone because of the locked bootloader..... but that's another long topic 😞

Could you not flash a generic stock firmware on locked bootloader or was it throughout the firmware that the issue was present?

Message 11 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The generic stock could have been flashed but I believe he was doing an experimental diary re: o2 average customer experience.
Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer service is questionable. The phone doesn't have to be! Lol!

Message 13 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, I flashed with the help of a very knowledgeable friend of mine, gillsfankev, via SUS and PCC and the only thing that made the phone usable was reverting to 4.1.2 Every attempt to run 4.3 just resulted in a brick, hence I gave up and sold it and bought the absolutely fantastic Z1 (which I should have done in the first place).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your comments and tips. Seems I have bought a rubbish phone!

Message 15 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Jesus, just noticed I ain't seen gillsfankev on here for yonks.
Wonder if he left or
HAMMERTIME
Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

Yeah, he doesn't come on here anymore....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , how many times has the phone been sent for repair with the same fault?

Message 18 of 28

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@viridis wrote:

Yeah, he doesn't come on here anymore....

At least he didn't threaten to leave 4 times but still stayed CrazyLOL

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 28

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous , how many times has the phone been sent for repair with the same fault?

It makes no difference because Anova send it back saying "no fault found" therefore CS will do nothing about it.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 28