cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with receiving SMS texts from just one particular contact in my address book.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can send msgs to the recipient and they receive it but I just cannot receive any msgs that they have sent to myself. This has been the case for months and is a real pain.   I havent blocked this number and can ring it and have a conversation just cannot receive texts from this one given number and dont know how to rectify this., Was just wondering if there was maybe something in the settings menu that I have accidently pressed as it is just this one number that I cannot receive msgs from.  Hope someone can help? Many thanks, Rachel

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do you have a Samsung or another android that allows blocking of numbers?

If so, open messages, then press the menu key and scroll down to 'add to spam numbers'. Make sure the other contact hasn't accidentally been added there.

Also open the contacts name in your contact book and again press menu and make sure it isn't on your reject list.

Another option is to delete the contact and set it up again as a new contact.

Message 2 of 3

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Have you tried deleting the contact from your phonebook and deleting the message thread, then restarting your phone, and then you create a new message?

Or is it possible that it may be an issue with the recipients phone?

Message 3 of 3