Did you mean: 

Problem with Galaxy S5 after updating to 5.0

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

20150125_091504.jpgHi,

I have an unbranded (BTU) Samsung S5 bought last November at the Carphone Warehouse.

Recently updated from 4.4.2 to 5.0 via Kies and everything seemed to go smooth without ant problems. Once completed, I done the hard reset and reinstalled everything again. The phone runs fine with nothing to report other than when I come to the end of the day and switch it off and leave it on charge during the night. The next morning when I try to switch it back on I get a recovery mode screen and to get rid of it I have to long press the power button until it finally returns to the normal Samsung starting up screen and then is fine.

Attached is a picture of what I'm getting in the hope that someone here can throw some light on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

jgrilo
Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Personally I would try doing a repair install via kies to make sure everything went on ok in the last update.
Back everything important up first.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see the attached picture I'm afraid !

The most knowledgeable member for android phones is @MI5 so I'm sure he'll be along to help. 

Message 2 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry! A bit of a **bleep**, I am! Forgot to attach it!

jgrilo
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not to worry , just thought I'd mention it.

Hang tight until you get a reply now.

Best of luck.
Message 4 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I doubt @MI5  will be about till later. Probably  @jonsie  could help if he comes online..... Either way some Android expert will pop in here at some point today. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies so far. I'm in no rush as I have lived with it for some time and am able to still use the phone. It's just annoying not knowing what the problem is. I have a funny feeling that it coud be related to the memory card but won't touch it until I get a reply from one of the experts here on the forum.

jgrilo
Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grilo wrote:

Thanks for all the replies so far. I'm in no rush as I have lived with it for some time and am able to still use the phone. It's just annoying not knowing what the problem is. I have a funny feeling that it coud be related to the memory card but won't touch it until I get a reply from one of the experts here on the forum.

A sound decision. 

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@Grilo was it rooted before you updated?
Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the short term, why turn the device off overnight? I put mine on silent and charge it when necessary.
Message 10 of 30