cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a S5 and my daughter has a S3mini. We are both on o2. Where I live we only get one bar showing on signal. We both have TU go and here we tend to get calls and texts through that first. 

My other daughter and my sister were here and they are on tesco mobile which uses the o2 network. They were getting 3 to 4 bars showing and a good 3g connection. 

There are 2 mobile masts within a 2 min walk of where I live. 

An ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Texts and calls will always arrive by TuGo first irrespective of signal strength. I have TuGo on my tablet and tend to use it if I am at my desk for texts rather than the phone - sometimes a text arrives 2-3 mins before it arrives on the mobile - and I have full signal on the mobile.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
If you do a manual network search does you phone display the option of both the o2 masts?
If so, try manually connecting to both of them in turn to see which mast gives you the best signal.
The Tesco phones may have latched onto a different mast to your phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3