cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Mobile Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm halfway through my 02 contract with my Motorola Moto X phone. When I first got the phone I wasn't having any problems but it started about 8 months later and now it's getting unbearable. I don't recieve signal in my own house, street and half my town, but sometimes I have connection in all three of those places. Sometimes even when I do have signal someone will call me and it won't even ring. Texts that I send/ recieve take from 2 seconds to 20 minutes to arrive. This is really annoying me and my friends who think I'm ignoring them.

I don't think it will have anything to do with my location as everyone around me has good signal and so did the phones I've had in the past. I highly doubt it is the phone aswell as one of my friends who's on a different network has the exact same phone with the same update and isn't experiencing these difficulties. So I figured it has to be a problem with 02 as I'm the only person I know on the network and I'm the only one experiencing these problems. 

Has anyone go any ideas on how to sort my phone out? all help is appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Check for any issues here http://status.o2.co.uk/ but ideally you need to try your sim in another phone to rule out a faulty handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Check for any issues here http://status.o2.co.uk/ but ideally you need to try your sim in another phone to rule out a faulty handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

If everything checks out ok when you put your postcode in the status checker do as MI5 suggests and try your sim in another phone. Failing that, get a new sim free from your local O2 store.

Message 3 of 3