cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help! Galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK...  So... The full story... Last week my phone started playing up.  Came up with an error message about System UIDs Inconsistent - Are you feeling lucky?  So I did a factory reset.  Seems to have been working fine since.

Last night, I kept having to push the battery as I needed to go out a few times, so I'd charge it a little, get it to about 15% and go out.  Was working fine.  Apps, Messaging etc all working.

This morning, when I woke up it had a constant green light - couldn't decide if it was a notification or the battery light.  Either way - when I picked the phone up it had a black screen and wouldn't let me do anything.  So, I forced shutdown by holding the power key.

However, now, it won't switch on.  Nothing.  The phone was on charge overnight, so it shouldn't be a battery issue.  But I currently have a paperweight that I can do nothing with :'(

Any help from anywhere would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  I've ordered a replacement battery so I'm going to try that first.  If it doesn't work, my contract's up at the end of the month, so I'd only have to pay £20.66 to upgrade early, and seeing as the S5 is available from Friday, I might just go for that as an option if the battery doesn't work to avoid faff.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Try another hard reset to see if the phone boots.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-hard-reset.html

You could try this help thread.

Also if you can try an alternative original battery.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

Possibly Samsung PC Companion could help.

If you feel it needs looking at then I would suggest you first approach Samsung Uk Support.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get it to go into download mode 😞

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

This http://www.android.gs/download-mode-galaxy-s3/ may or may not help.

Take note of the warnings within the link.

A member called @MI5 may be able to assist further.

slight_smile
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I've used Odin before, so I know how to get into download mode - the phone's just doing nothing whatsoever.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok that's fair enough.

If the battery suggestion does not work then it could be a hardware/software failure out of the remit of home self help.

Samsung it may be then.

To add balance O2 do offer a repair service too but it's always suggested one goes through Samsung as they obviously know their product inside out.

Let us know how you get on please.

slight_smile
Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Just try pulling the battery out for 10 mins first, then see if it will boot with (or without charger attached).
Some S3's have suffered from sudden death (motherboard failure) which is known by Samsung and is covered by warranty, so I would suggest you contact them for a better response than going to O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to samsung if you can't sort it don't bother with O2 their repairs are somewhat poor
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  I've ordered a replacement battery so I'm going to try that first.  If it doesn't work, my contract's up at the end of the month, so I'd only have to pay £20.66 to upgrade early, and seeing as the S5 is available from Friday, I might just go for that as an option if the battery doesn't work to avoid faff.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck with the battery although the more you think about it I'm sure the more you will want the s5
Message 10 of 12