cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picasa importing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, but I'm going to hijack the forum to ask an unrelated question!  Does anyone know how the hell I get Picasa to import from my phone's SD card?  By default it goes to phone memory, where there are no photos.  If I 'import from folder' and navigate the DCIM folder on my SD card, it tells me there are no files - there are hundreds!  Picasa is quite annoying 😞

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning all, I'm afraid I've been wasting the forum's time - somehow my friend's phone had assigned my number to a spam list! Not sure how it happened, and we thought we'd checked that possibility, but a second check revealed the problem.  That's a good result really, as I wasn't sure where to go next with the investigation! Thanks for your help folks

regards

Kate

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've asked for your un related post to be placed on the forum in its own thread, so this one remains on topic. It them keeps everything simple.

I don't use picasa ......sorry ~ have you tried Google ?
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, yes, I shouldn't have posted that.  Shall I move it?  I'm still working on isolating the problem to a specific number or specific network, and I'm also waiting for my contact to delete my details.  I'll let you know the outcome of both 🙂

Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
We look forward to hearing you've managed to sort the issue. wink
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Picasa help link here https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/16211?hl=en-GB
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the Picasa link, will check that later.  Back to the main problem.  Three things ... first, I have successfully exchanged texts with someone on the T mobile network, so the network-specific theory is dead!  Second, the business of not being able to call the specific number is also a red herring - it seems that my friend was in a poor signal area for an extended period earlier today, so that probably explains the straight to voicemail response I got.  Third, my friend deleted my contact details and I then sent a text message, which has not been received.  Her phone is a Galaxy S4 Mini - does anyone have any thoughts on things to check on that phone? Are there block/spam settings that could somehow persist, even after my contact details were deleted from her phone?

This is becoming frustrating!  Would appreciate any advice

Kate

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They need to open the text message app and look in the settings there for the blocked list of numbers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phones with blocking features have separate settings to block calls and block texts.

Perform what MI5 has suggested.

If both blocking features are clear of your number then please let us know so we can help you look in to other avenues.
Message 10 of 13