cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner collecting my new phone from store - what ID is needed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner is collecting my new S5 from an O2 store tomorrow. The contract and phone order is in my name,so what ID will she need to take of mine so they will happily send her off with the phone?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

When you posted earlier I had a bad feeling bit not the way it panned out. Ie they would not give it to her !

Did your e mail say it was available for collection today. If so I'd be making a complaint. 😞

It's right their has to be a period of time for the systems to catch up.

Fingers crossed you will still get one.

I had a play today and it's awesome.
Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why were you told to wait 24 hours? Was it an upgrade in that case? (quickly going back to recap)
In fairness I would have hoped you'd have been told that before you cancelled to give you the option of if you wanted to continue with it.

Handset is pretty darn lovely, I'm sure you'll love it.

Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
No email or text ever came but my partner was in the city centre so she decided to go in just out of chance. Lucky she did as if not I'd still be wondering what's happening even though the phone is released. (except in blue obviously!)
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
No email !

How are you supposed to know when it was available without communication.

"Placing your order

Select 'Click and Collect' at the checkout and choose which store you want it delivered to. Your order will be sent from our warehouse, usually within two days. We'll email or text you when it's ready to collect."

I wouldn't be confident at picking up something of that nature without some kind of paperwork.
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's an upgrade order using O2 refresh. They did tell me it could take 24 hours but they also said it could be instant and if so I could proceed with the new order in shop. He checked his sysytem and it hadn't gone through,so I was advised to come back tomorrow.

To top it off,when I finally got home about 30 mins later,I checked my O2 online and it had gone through! I could have just waited in the car for 30 mins and gone back in the shop slight_frown

Message 15 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Good luck on collecting it tomorrow. I'm sure it will be reserved and waiting for you to collect it.

Message 16 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be a bit late for work tomorrow.

wink
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only email I received was the order number and a pin number. If I had known the blue colour wasn't released until Monday,I would have ordered the white and could have had the phone today. 

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hindsight. 😞

You would have taken the white version and maybe felt buyers remorse wanting the blue version.
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I phone up the shop in the morning and reserve a phone? At the minute I have no pre-order as that has been cancelled. 

If I get down there tomorrow and they're out of stock I'm gonna be sick lol.

Message 20 of 28