cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner collecting my new phone from store - what ID is needed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner is collecting my new S5 from an O2 store tomorrow. The contract and phone order is in my name,so what ID will she need to take of mine so they will happily send her off with the phone?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a click and collect? If so they will need the PIN and ID and anything else explained in your email.

If it's a reserved order then only you can go and get it I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
They may not release the handset to anyone unless they are the account holder even if she took your passport , utility bills or contract paperwork.

Remember is a £500+ phone.
Message 2 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Best to call the store and check.
I would guess they wouldn't give it to anyone else as security measure....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it a click and collect? If so they will need the PIN and ID and anything else explained in your email.

If it's a reserved order then only you can go and get it I'm afraid.
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's a click and collect order. I haven't yet received any other email other than the payment confirmation when I ordered online.

Best to ring store in morning it seems.

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check your spam folder.

Lucky you getting a s5

Well done. wink
Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it's a click and collect order. I haven't yet received any other email other than the payment confirmation when I ordered online.

Best to ring store in morning it seems.

Off the top off my head it is just ID and the email with the PIN, but you're right best to give a quick ring to be on the safe side.

Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Website states this is ok.. Passport and a copy of email saying your phone is ready. You should recieve a confirmation email from the shop when it's received. Recent experience has taught me shop staff can change this and refuse to hand over the phone. Don't get your hopes up to high
Message 8 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could you let us know how you get on slight_smile
Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had an absolute nightmare. Partner went to collect phone from store and they said they knew nothing about my order.

I spoke to O2 on the phone and because I had ordered a blue S5,it's not due to be released until Monday.

I asked if I could change the order from blue to white and collect in store,answer was no.

I asked if I could change the order to have the phone delivered instead of collecting from the store next week,the answer was no.

I decided to go to the O2 store after work,told them I want to cancel my order,and start a new refresh order there and then,with the hope of walking away with the S5.

They cancelled my original order,but told me I had to wait 24 hours for the system to update before I could start again.

I was in the shop,they had 12 Galaxy S5 phones in the store,I have been an O2 customer for the past 6/7 years,also they had my money from the original order that I paid for online,and still I had to leave with no new phone! Shocked

I was told to come back tomorrow,and the earliest I can make it is 5pm. Chances are their stock will have gone after a busy Saturday daytime. Don't know

This phone better be worth it. (When I finally receive it!)

Message 10 of 28