cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC transferred messed up

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 3 weeks now since I ported my number over from vodafone to O2, and i'm still unable to receive calls or texts (except from other O2 users).

Outgoing works fine.

I've spent 10+ hrs over numerous days troubleshooting this with the livechat guys and have got nowhere.. tried different phones, replaced the sim twice.. nothing.. yet O2 still seem to refuse to take any responsibility claiming everything looks good on there end.

How can this be resolved?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There has obviously been a problem with the port. I would contact Vodafone to make sure they have released the number correctly but O2 and Vodafone should liase with each other to get the number onto O2's systems.

I personally wouldn't use live chat for this, you need to speak to people to get the issue resolved.

Contact us

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can relate to this issue as exactly the same happened to me.

You need to speak to your old network and ask them to resend the porting files. Normally, customer services dont know what these are however speak to a manager if you need to and get them to resend them.

Ring O2 up and ask them to chase the porting files.

My port was delayed by 1 week due to a mess up and got given a £15.00 credit.....make sure you get a worthy credit on your account.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to vodafone who put me through to their porting department.. they flat out refused to help.. said its o2's problem.. they only deal with incoming ports.

Seeing as my account with them is now closed, I can get any support from them.. It should be O2 doing the chasing, not me. They refuse to even aknowledge there is a problem..

i.e (from a few mins ago):

Sufy: at 13:26:34:
XaarXX, I can see in your account that everything is perfectly fine and you should be able to get the calls and text smoothly.

XaarXX: at 13:26:5:
except i dont.. which means its not fine

/facepalm

Is there a tech number I can call for support?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact O2 complaints team as they should be chasing on your behalf.

Mention that this goes against Ofcom policy of being to transfer your number within 24 hours.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What an unfortunate mess.

Imo both Networks should be assisting you.

I would follow the complaints process for both networks.

O2's is http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

O2's contact is 202 if you can use an O2 powered phone or use the landline number in the contact us link at the foot of the page ,and they should then escalate this for you.
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 should be chasing Vodafone as the number has not fully ported. You are quite right, this is down to O2 to sort out. I mentioned calling Vodafone to see if they would give a positive response and assist you. Obviously not so a complaint is now the next step.

Message 7 of 7