cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over heating Z3+

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had problems with sony Z3+ overheating issues with camera/video. Only had mine 2 days now and thinking of swapping it for the LG G4

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's the z4 that has the processor throttled due to overheating. It shouldn't be an issue with the 3+. As it is new I would take it back and get it swapped or replaced.
Is it just camera/video that you get the problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Seems like the same problem may effect the 3+ too http://www.phonearena.com/news/Watch-as-the-Sony-Xperia-Z3-overheats-after-a-few-seconds-camera-app-...
Also looks like Sony have promised a software fiz for it too http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-Z3-starts-global-rollout-despite-overheating-issues_id708...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Lots more here http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony-s-xperia-z3-overheats-but-it-s-not-as-bad-as-you-think
and here http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/sony-xperia-z3-camera-app-can-crash-in-seconds-due-to-overheati...

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes its just the camera an video, a message box pops up warning you then another one pops up, then it closes,it only happens on certain functions with the camera. But it should not happen, maybe i should ave gone for the LG G4,maybe O2 might swap it as only had since Friday, or do you think the update will work when its released?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I guess it will have to work but you are perfectly entitled to swap it now for a G4 if you want to......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You would probably have to return the phone and cancel the contract and then take out a new contract for the G4. Give them a call for your options. 

If it's P&G then just a straight swap.

Message 7 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Amazed qualcomm hasn't been sued to hell over the snapdragon 810.
Op. The only way to guarantee it not overheating is by getting the 2nd revision of the cpu in the phone, even then it's gonna be throttled by the fix.
However, if the fix deals with the camera issues without the need for more throttling then it should be a great phone. They did it with the z3 by reducing the viewfinder refresh rate which halved the load on the cpu due to constant focusing.
Message 8 of 8