cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-way text messaging

Anonymous
Not applicable

My HTC One has suddenly stopped receiving all texts while allowing me to text out. Anyone messaging me is told their message has been sent successfully. After spending 2 hours trying to get help: first calling O2 (who promised to ring back in 2 minutes, but didn't) then engaging in an on-line dialogue with an "O2 Guru" for an hour, I have been told to take it to my local O2 shop (5 miles away in Blackburn) and have had to make an appointment for Monday (6 days off!) 

The Guru resorted to asking me to remove the SIM card and replace it (shades of Chris O'Dowd in The IT Crowd asking every caller "Have you tried turning it off and on again?")

Any idea's anyone? Seamus

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Band of Brothers Level 73. I did try HTC's helpline this afternoon and it was suggested that an app may have interferred with the OS so was advised to do a "soft reset" whereby I disabled the "fast boot" default of my HTC One phone and restarted it. This has cleared the problem and I am a happy chappy (even though I have lost an afternoon's work, c'est la vie!) Seamus

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card or Phone which may be at fault.

Input your Full Post Code here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail}

You may need to have your SIM card swapped out at an O2 high street store if your phone and it's settings are ok.
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Go into settings and check your message centre number.

For all Pay Monthly tariffs the message centre number should be +447802000332.

Otherwise a new sim may be required...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Band of Brothers Level 73. I did try HTC's helpline this afternoon and it was suggested that an app may have interferred with the OS so was advised to do a "soft reset" whereby I disabled the "fast boot" default of my HTC One phone and restarted it. This has cleared the problem and I am a happy chappy (even though I have lost an afternoon's work, c'est la vie!) Seamus

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi Seamus

Glad its sorted. As a matter of interest what app was it causing the problem? It always helps to know in case anyone comes back with a similar problem wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.
Message 6 of 11

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Band of Brothers Level 73. 

You missed out Relic.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Band of Brothers Level 73 Relic, that was rather disrespectful of me not to give you your full title.

As for app's, I suspect it would be the one I installed most recently which was Aus Open, official Android app for theAustralian Open Tennis Championships. (Good luck to Andy Murray in Thursday's semi-final), Seamus

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

As for app's, I suspect it would be the one I installed most recently which was Aus Open, official Android app for theAustralian Open Tennis Championships. (Good luck to Andy Murray in Thursday's semi-final), Seamus

Seamus Thanks for letting me know the name of the app. yes indeed...good luck to Andy Murray wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry Band of Brothers Level 73 Relic, that was rather disrespectful of me not to give you your full title.

Not at all.

My forum name is 'Bandofbrothers'

The level is what the Community Forum apply which is connected to how many posts a person makes

Message 10 of 11