cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining a PAC code.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if anyone can help me on how I go about getting a pac code from O2, I recently bought a second hand phone from ebay which was locked to the O2 network, unfortunately I can only use it right now via wifi from my tablet at home, as I am on three network, when I try to put a three network sim in the phone it comes up on the screen asking for a PAC code, not an unlock code! On googling this it informs me this code is easy to get but from whom should I get it from, three network or O2?
I hope I can get a little help on this, it would mean a lot. Thank you.
Just to add,the phone is a HTC hd 7,its software was upgraded apparently, I don't know if that's the problem or not.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds like it is locked to O2 in which case you need to put in a P&G O2 sim with £20 credit. Use it to make a couple of calls and then fill in the unlock form. There needs to be £15 remaining credit to pay for the unlock. O2 will then send you the unlock code via email.

How do I unlock my phone so it can be used on other networks? | Support | O2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The PAC is SIM related so the PAC for your 3 SIM needs to come from 3. Are you sure the phone is not locked to O2 as you wold also need an unlock code from O2, but sounds as though the 3 SIM is locked out also.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the quick response, I'm unsure if its locked entirely as I don't seem to be getting a unlock code message being displayed, it just says pac code. On the network menu on the phone I've got it set to automatic, which it displays O2 UK, but on the drop down menu it shows up all networks including 3 UK, I attempted to switch it to 3 but then a little sim with a lock beside it shows up on the top bar of the screen. Should I contact three over this instead of O2? I would stay on O2 to save the trouble but I am actually on a contract with three so have decided to stay where I am for now.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds like it is locked to O2 in which case you need to put in a P&G O2 sim with £20 credit. Use it to make a couple of calls and then fill in the unlock form. There needs to be £15 remaining credit to pay for the unlock. O2 will then send you the unlock code via email.

How do I unlock my phone so it can be used on other networks? | Support | O2

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Start by putting a Voda or Orange SIM in and if you get the same message get it unlocked as per jonsie's post.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5