O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Reply
MI5
Posts: 27,007
Topics: 243
Solutions: 2,922
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

O2 release Kitkat for S4 today

It's official and available now.

Check via OTA or plug into Kies........

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies  

GT-I9505United Kingdom (O2)2014 March4.4.2I9505XXUFNB9I9505O2UFNA2
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Xperia Z1
Note 4 Bronze (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.
damien1
Posts: 6,875
Topics: 88
Blog Posts: 0
Registered: ‎13-04-2012

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today

That was quick is was only the other day they said they had no news :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
MI5
Posts: 27,007
Topics: 243
Solutions: 2,922
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today


damien1 wrote:
That was quick is was only the other day they said they had no news :smileyhappy:

Indeed, there was another recent one when they said it was coming soon when customers had already got it - Not all that joined up sometimes :smileysad:

Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Xperia Z1
Note 4 Bronze (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Posts: 25,081
Topics: 203
Solutions: 1,979
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today

It's called interdepartmental communication, or it would be if there was any :smilie_sonst_024:

Please use plain text.
damien1
Posts: 6,875
Topics: 88
Blog Posts: 0
Registered: ‎13-04-2012

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today

Yes seems this one came out of nowhere :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Lunar_Jetman
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎13-11-2013

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today


MI5 wrote:

It's official and available now.

Check via OTA or plug into Kies........

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies  

GT-I9505United Kingdom (O2)2014 March4.4.2I9505XXUFNB9I9505O2UFNA2

I've updated but have I9505XXUFNB8

Is it just me or did anyone else get this version?

 

Please use plain text.
MI5
Posts: 27,007
Topics: 243
Solutions: 2,922
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today

Dial *#1234# and check. The baseband might be showing as NB8 but the PDA should be NB9.
Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Xperia Z1
Note 4 Bronze (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Lunar_Jetman
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎13-11-2013

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today


MI5 wrote:
Dial *#1234# and check. The baseband might be showing as NB8 but the PDA should be NB9.

Got:

AP:I9505XXUFNB8

CP:I9505XXUFNB8

CSC:I9505BTUFNB3

 

No mention of PDA

Please use plain text.
MI5
Posts: 27,007
Topics: 243
Solutions: 2,922
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today


Lunar_Jetman wrote:

MI5 wrote:
Dial *#1234# and check. The baseband might be showing as NB8 but the PDA should be NB9.

Got:

AP:I9505XXUFNB8

CP:I9505XXUFNB8

CSC:I9505BTUFNB3

 

No mention of PDA


You're not O2 branded - That is correct for BTU CSC.

Samsung S3 i9305 Dual SIM. Asus Fonepad.
Samsung AtivS WP8.1 Xperia Z1
Note 4 Bronze (still) pre-ordered.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Lunar_Jetman
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎13-11-2013

Re: O2 release Kitkat for S4 today


MI5 wrote:
You're not O2 branded - That is correct for BTU CSC.

 

Interesting. How are you validating "O2 branded" then? I would have said mine was but you're suggesting it isn't.

Please use plain text.