cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm looking to upgrade from the S5 to the S6, and checked the O2 Recycle estimate.

My S5 is working perfectly, the only issue is that flap over the charging area has broke and I'm not sure which option to put it under when actually sending it (general wear and tear etc)

Asked on O2 chat but I didn't get a response.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd say general wear & tear as that could easily happen with thin flaps like that

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd say general wear & tear as that could easily happen with thin flaps like that
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
They'll revalue it when you send it in anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

My grandson has an S5 and he took the charging cover off himself as he can't be messing with them...

I don't suppose for one minute he thought about recycle value....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once o2 recieve your phone they will adjust the quoted price to reflect actual value of phone, i don't think that it will affect value but you never know ....... also if you get a quote from another company that is higher than o2 they will match it !! needs to be a company from o2's list tho. Worth having a look, a Fiver is a Fiver !!

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The op just needs to be very careful with O2 recycle. We have heard some horror stories on here where a certain price has been quoted ...only for it to be reduced dramatically once they get the phone. It pays to take pictures with date evidence of the phone so you can challenge a quote if it is not what you expect. However there are other places to recycle phones where you would probably be offered a much higher price

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Definitely, if going down this route, take photos as to the condition of the phone and as to the display etc. You could be ok but there are many posts on the community of people being told a ridiculous revaluation and phones being returned damaged when the offer has been declined.

Message 7 of 7