Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 saga.

chriswp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgusted isn't the word. It started last week when I tried to upgrade on refresh for the new Note 4. Even though it was supposed to be released on the 17th the online shop only said ''coming soon''. Went on live chat and I was assured that it was in stock and I could order. Still couldn't order it, so phoned 202....45 minutes later the call cut off. So after a few days of trying I managed to order it online yesterday and was informed the phone would arrive today, so I took the day off work and waited and waited and waited. Went on live chat and was told that when I ordered, even though my order was taken, the phone was out of stock..... so why didn't the system tell me this instead of telling me it would be delivered tomorrow? Now I'm told its back in stock and will be delivered in the next 24 to 48 hours meaning I have to take another day off work, but which day do I take off?

Did some searching online on this company and it doesn't make good reading, they appear to be a complete cluster**bleep** when it comes to customer service, orders etc. Depending on what happens in the next few days I may well be cancelling completely and going elsewhere. 

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We did come across people having issues upgrading to the Note 4 and an O2 employee checked for us and it seemed a glitch stopped their systems from allowing people to upgrade to the Note 4.

We are also seeing peoples posts who are giving feedback about out of stocks, failed deliveries and apparently O2 are having issues as they don't know what colour handsets are in the box.

Also some people could upgrade but had to take pot luck in the actual colour of handset sent out !

Not good.
Message 2 of 55

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Which is amazing considering the boxes are marked with the colour phone inside.
Message 3 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There have been so many instances lately with O2 taking money for devices they can't supply. You only have to look at the iphone thread with people still waiting after 5 weeks with the money sat nicely earning interest in the O2 coffers. Totally immoral in my opinion.

The Note 4 threads show this is still happening. It happened with ipad promotion and the Moto 360 launch. It never ends and it's no wonder customers are angry and frustrated. Knowing how this happens year on year I ordered the Note 4 from Samsung and it was delivered on launch day 17th Oct. No fuss, no stress. O2 aren't even in the same ball park for customer service and satisfaction.

Very disappointing in a multinational telecom company.

Message 4 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I could buy a sim free anywhere I'd go to the shop and buy it today then cancel the order with o2, but just phoned CPW and they dont have one within a 20 mile radius of me. I can see this is going to end badly. 

Message 5 of 55

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Have you tried three?
Pretty cheap sometimes on sim free.
And all phones are unlocked, unblocked UK generics
Message 6 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just phoned three and vodaphone...nothing. Looks like I'm stuck with waiting. 

Message 7 of 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Have you tried to order direct from Samsung as jonsie did? Looks as if you can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I've considered that but it means being in the same position as taking another day off and waiting in for the delivery just like with these clowns. I wanted to buy from a shop then cancel this upgrade. I will give it another day or two, see how o2 perform with this delivery, then as a last resort order from Samsung. Same old story I think, these companies dont give a **bleep** about existing customers and only care about getting new ones. 

Message 9 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chriswp wrote:

Yes I've considered that but it means being in the same position as taking another day off and waiting in for the delivery just like with these clowns. I wanted to buy from a shop then cancel this upgrade. I will give it another day or two, see how o2 perform with this delivery, then as a last resort order from Samsung. Same old story I think, these companies dont give a **bleep** about existing customers and only care about getting new ones. 

Could you not get it delivered to your work address or neighbour/friend/relative etc?

Message 10 of 55