cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4: Latest Software Update and battery life

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have had the Note 4 since December 2015.  I really like the phone but the batttery life is dire.  I am constantly having to make sure that is charged and lately I have missed calls and the odd photo due to a flat battery.I confess I have Bluetooth swiched on all the time for my Pebble watch but I can't be the only one who has this.

• I installed the latest software update that mentioned battery life improvements - has anybody else noticed this? Version is now 5.1.1
  • I hear Android M ( 5.2 ?) is meant to improve battery life over the initally disappointing Lollipop ( tho this improving with each update).  I wonder if anyone has tested this out.
  • The fast charging seems to equate to equally faster battery drain and I tend to prefer slow charging.
  • Anybody got any tips re battery life inc rooting ?

Daniel

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Let the battery drain down, switch the phone off and charge to full. It takes a couple of cycles to optimise the battery.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You must have something specific draining the life out of your battery as I can get 2 days and I'm a fairly heavy user.
My BT is also on for connection to my Gear 2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I can get a full day of usage without problem and I take so many photos here, review,edit, tether the notebook etc. Have you had the recent update which improves battery as well as security?

2015-11-05 15.19.08.png

2015-11-05 15.19.55.png

Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this looks like the update I installed last night - you have been on this a lot longer. I notice I get a full day inthe house when I am not having to use the Network connection ( except for calls and txts).  

Message 4 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Let the battery drain down, switch the phone off and charge to full. It takes a couple of cycles to optimise the battery.

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You must have something specific draining the life out of your battery as I can get 2 days and I'm a fairly heavy user.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmmm I have never had 2 days even from day 1.  Not really, I got rid of the Facebook widget.  I use IMAP email so that needs to sync freqently- I use the prettier Outlook app which runs in parallel with the  default  email ,  I am not sure I can't remove the default email app as I think this handles the syncs.

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

2 days?

wow i'm a heavy user and by 4pm i'm down to about 30% battery!!

Message 7 of 22

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 22

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I have the note 4 & can get thru a week without charging slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

2 days?

wow i'm a heavy user and by 4pm i'm down to about 30% battery!!

Yep, but obviously it depends what apps you run and what you use phone for........

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22