cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 software update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys just a heads up for any note 3 users mine just downloaded a software update this afternoon it was only 26mb and apparently improves stability whether it will be on O2 handsets yet I don't know
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the heads up @Anonymous

Would you update your thread if you do see any improvements or if indeed you suffered with stability issues.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure will bob slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah,I was surprised to find I was able to get the android update OTA around 10 days ago.Partly because the 4.4.3 upgrade began rolling out at the start of the summer and already many are getting 4.4.4 instead but also because up here in the Highlands O2 reception is at best patchy even sporadic these days.There's always been blackspots but you knew where they were and it was a regular phenomenon.If you're going north forget texting or phoning from Helmsdale all the way till Berriedale Braes but thats expected but recently I lose all signal in completely unexpected places and can't register on the network for some time ~ anyway the upgrade comes while connected to wi-fi obviously but couldn't resist a wee dig there O2 slight_smile

Again mine was relatively small - 26mb sounds about right but what surprised me was I expected 4.4.3 and not just simply a patch upgrade of 4.4.2.Presumably by the time we get 4.3 everyone else will be on Android 9.9.9  lol.

As for improvements,stability etc.....nothing as far as I can see.A funky new google map-esque GPS icon is all the visual AND practical daily improvment I've seen but I've had very little trouble with mine anyway,it's been stable and hasn't had any freezing or UI problems.Battery life wasn't great but I use it one hell of a lot so that's to be expected so no great improvement but no new problems either.

.........until last night since when it discharges even while on charge,charging icon on as expected and i have an app that shows the voltage incoming while on charge and it's broadly normal.Downloaded one to monitor input current too just to see and apparently theres exactly 0mA coming in which if you remember basic physics/electronic V=IR so if the voltage is constant,there's not enough current to register then the resistance within the phone has increased massively - but both that and the 0mA reading are unlikely as the charger(s) at least work perfectly on other phones.

Is it a consequence of the upgrade...maybe but I finally installed Knox on a mad whim a few days later so by the same logic that could be the issue but I suspect it's more likely my battery has become worn out from being left on charge overnight,forgotten about the next night,running flat and being shocked with a succession of cheapo Tesco car chargers in my truck which rarely last a month.I suspect that's the cause.

I would love to know if we are going to get 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 soon or at all though  ????

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Samsung will certainly roll out 4.44 but then it's down to o2 to test, approve and roll out.
Ps. Sounds like your battery to me, too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6