cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 3 Bluetooth Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Find it completely unexceptable that O2 eventually release the Lollipop update 5.0 for the Note 3 knowing that there are issues regarding Bluetooth connections and then not being able to confirm when the update that fixes the issue (5.0.2) will be released. Looks like it's time to find another network.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous what sort of issues are you having with bluetooth and your Note 3? A search of Android forums et al are showing a variety of problems exist

One help guide here http://thedroidguy.com/2015/06/solutions-for-note-3-bluetooth-issues-part-1-108289

I am sure one of our Samsung experts @MI5 @jonsie or @viridis may be on later to give advice. If it's specific bug fix you need.....wont be released until O2 @Chris_K informs us

To add...I have the Note 3 myself and will be updating to Lollipop when I get back to the UK on Sunday....so would be really interested to kinow what particular issues are affecting you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
There have been various rumblings of BT problems on Lollipop but I've never experienced them on any of my 3 devices running Lollipop.
I assume you have backed up your stuff and done a factory reset?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried everything possible to fix the problem but nothing works. What I find unacceptable is that this issue has been known for sometime and a fix for it was released. As it took O2 so long to release Lollipop I would have expected them to have this issue sorted. My daughter has the same phone as me but is with Vodafone, she has received two further updates from them fixing issues with Lollipop one of which addressed the Bluetooth issue.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

You can ask @Chris_K for updates, but we wouldn't know anything else.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey, and welcome to the O2 Community @Anonymous

We released our Lollipop Note 3 update without any delays so we're sorry you feel the initial build took longer than expected for you to receive - we released it as early as we could have. We are also unaware of Bluetooth issues specifically with the Note 3 - personally I have this device on the latest software we have and have not experienced any Bluetooth issues myself.

So we could try and check into this, could you confirm:

- Software version details. Go to Settings > General > About Device > Baseband version & Build number

- What specifically is the issue? Does Bluetooth fail to enable? Do devices disconnect intermittently? Failing to pair with devices?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144197 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
The issue is a known 5.0 issue with BT disconnecting from paired devices.
It was fixed in 5.01

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Are you experiencing any problems with Bluetooth @Cleoriff since updating last night?

Not even tried it if honest @jonsie...been busy unpacking (and dealing with some family business) :smileysad:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9