cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning everyone, I am currently working in sierra Leone for a couple of months and everything had been fine until Saturday. I was receiving texts from everyone, however, since Saturday I have not been able to receive texts from my partner. I can text her but not get any back from her. She has even shown me the screen to show how many she has sent to me so I know they have gone and also they have been deducted from her monthly allowance. I can receive texts from other people just not her. I wonder if anyone can help please!!!!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that the mobile number has not been accidentally blocked in the phones settings.

Some phones have a setting for blocking texts and a seperate block for calls.

If not blocked then try turning off the phones to refresh the connection to the network and try removing the SIM card and wiping it down.

Checking a networks service status can help too to see if it's having any issues.
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Definitely check your message settings, in particular the reject or blocked list.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your comments, no numbers are blocked and have done the removing of sim card and re starting. Just frustrating as it was working fine until Saturday and like I said I get texts from other people. Maybe it's her end.
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for your comments, no numbers are blocked and have done the removing of sim card and re starting. Just frustrating as it was working fine until Saturday and like I said I get texts from other people. Maybe it's her end.

You are probably right. It could be a network issue her end...?

Is there any way she could check the network status...might give an indication...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Is it possible you can try a different network manually? Even forcing it onto another carrier and then reelection the present provider can kick start messaging again.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome for the advice.

As part of my initial advice I did say it could be the Networks Service Status. Have you managed to check that out yet ?
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure how I can check the network service for the network I'm using Africell. I have just received texts from my dad so I think it must be my partners phone. I have unregistered and re registered with the networks and still no luck. I will ask my partner to check with her provider 3 to see if they can check her phone. Thank you
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It's sounding more likely a problem with the Three network......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Their network status check page is here http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14