cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal .. No help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people.

I started off by being frustrated.  Now i'm fuming.

Can anyone here help?  Sorry if this is long. Thanks.

I was very loyal to One2One/TMobile for over 20 years - was really happy with them.

Over the last 2 years, the signal became intermittent. Loads of folk around me changed to O2 because it was better.  So I did too. And for 3 months, it's been fantastic. A full signal, all the time !

Right..... for the past THREE DAYS, there has been NO SIGNAL at all in my area.

O2 tell me - as does their website - that there is a mast not working in my area. But no-one can give me any idea of when it'll be working again.  So I have no calls, no texts, no service.

I'm having to drive out of the area to get a signal so I can pick up any texts that have come through.

I know "these things happen" but . . . . my friends here, (one has an IPhone & one has a Samsung) ARE getting a signal.  I have a brand new Sony Xperia Z3 compact.

Why are they getting a signal & I'm not?   Sony can't help me either & say it's an O2 problem.

I'm paying £38 plus vat per month for this service !

I don't know how many more days this is going to go on. Can I get some sort of a refund for lack of service?

Thank you for reading.

Deryck

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a mast problem then it will get sorted. You have to remember that issues outside of o2s control can pay a part here such as access to land. Are your friends on O2?  If they are and you are alone in not getting signal try visiting an O2 store and get a new sim card.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar problem and turned out to  be cell problems on the mast. However, o2 kept telling me there was no problem with the mast until they sent an engineer out and he had the same problem. Keep nagging them and yes you should get some money back

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain....the same happened to me.

O2's terms and conditions state that they cannot provide 100% coverage at all times HOWEVER they also state that they have to provide a reasonable level of service. Its difficult to interpret how long you need to be without service for it to be unreasonable however i would suggest logging an official complaint.

O2 eventually offered to terminate my contract if i returned my handset, after i pointed out they were in breach of their own T's & C's.

Good luck

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, friends are with O2, as is my neighbour, so I'm nonplussed as to why their getting a signal.

Do IPhones & Samsungs have stronger "aerials" (or whatever) in their phone?

That's what making things puzzling.

Sony have not recommended a different Sim or a signal-boost app or anything.

So I guess I have no option that to wait. But, if I'm paying for a service & not getting it, there shoud be some refund system of sorts.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. We'll see if I get any refund or not ! I won't hold my breath.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you have 4G turned off as this will improve your signal.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try a sim swap before you do anything else could be a faulty sim. Pop into an O2 store they will sort it for you.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner and myself have the same issue and have had for 3 days so far we have been with o2 for a number of years now and all was well up to the last 8 months or so we have had no signal in that time regular day and night and you get sick of being in the middle of a call only for the signal to die for anything up to 20 minutes you then get it back and the same again it is getting worse all the time the last 3 days no signal at all and the same story a mast problem in our area customer service was always pretty good but now is poor at best when you can finally get in touch with them i have in the past reccomended o2 to friends and family but unless they get their fingers out never again come on o2 get this service sorted please and stop cutting corners

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 1: Joiner
fedupandsick
Re: No signal .. No help
Options
on ‎02-07-2015 12:29

My partner and myself have the same issue and have had for 3 days so far we have been with o2 for a number of years now and all was well up to the last 8 months or so we have had no signal in that time regular day and night and you get sick of being in the middle of a call only for the signal to die for anything up to 20 minutes you then get it back and the same again it is getting worse all the time the last 3 days no signal at all and the same story a mast problem in our area customer service was always pretty good but now is poor at best when you can finally get in touch with them i have in the past reccomended o2 to friends and family but unless they get their fingers out never again come on o2 get this service sorted please and stop cutting corners

update on this after 3 hours of trying i got through to customer service all i got as a reply was it will be fixed when its fixed bloody disgusting service i think maybe after all the years i have been with o2 its a time to change

Message 10 of 11