cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

For the past week I have been having problem using my phone due to "No Network Connection, No signal found for mobile networks". Today, Thursday 18th August 2016, I have been unable to make calls and when I receive an incoming call the caller cannot hear me and the call is ended with the message "Not registered network". Texts messages are taking a long to time to come through to my phone and when I send a text I get the message "Message Failed" and I have to retry umpteen times. I am constantly "Restarting" or "Powering Off" my phone only to have the same problem.

I have taken a lot of screenshots today as proof if needed.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you checked your network status here? http://status.o2.co.uk/

It may be worth your while checking through this help link as well https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you checked your network status here? http://status.o2.co.uk/

It may be worth your while checking through this help link as well https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
After checking your postcode try removing and cleaning the simcard and rebooting the phone.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you slight_smile

No I didn't check the network status before I posted because it's been happening for over a week and I didn't expect a problem to take so long to fix but apparently it says that in my area "Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working. This means your service might come and go until we fix it."

How long does it take to sort out please?

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It could be weeks. It all depends on the fault.
Call CS if you can and register for text updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been facing this issue on & off for the past 2 weeks. Today, no signal at home but I can everywhere else. Tried the status checker, says nothing wrong so I reported the fault
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The fact that they acknowledge there is a problem means it will be repaired as soon as possible. If they are waiting for a third party for either access or for parts the checker normally tells you.

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

At least you know now what the problem is @Anonymous. Hopefully as it has been going on for a week it may be fixed soon....fingers crossed...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past 15 hours I have been unable to send and receive text messages and I have been unable to receive/make calls due to the service being for emergency calls only. I have spoken to someone on 'Live Chat' who told me it could be 1-2 days.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hopefully but I wouldn't believe what they tell you.
They have no way of knowing what is wrong or what it will take to fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11