cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Signal Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Wife and I both have a Nexus 5 (mine is Black and hers is White) and we are experiencing signal problems.

It will just randomly drop all signal and say "no signal" and then change to "emergency calls only" and they shoot right up to full bars.

When I had my S3 and she had her S2 we never experienced any signal loss so I am putting it down to the phone or the new sim cards. 

I have just checked http://status.o2.co.uk/ and it says that everything is normal for my post code so I don't think it is network related.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with the Nexus 5.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how it goes slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wiped and flashed the factory image. It's currently downloading all my apps so I'll let it do that and see if I get anymore drops. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for everyones help so far, appreciate it slight_smile

Message 22 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers and toes crossed for you. wink
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest KitKat 4.4.4 seems to solve the problem if you do have it then dropping signal won't be an issue but battery drain will become one
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have read the issues in the topic regarding the Nexus 5 from approx a year ago.

I am currently experiencing this issue & wondered if there are any solutions / known problems with signall dropping, even duing a call !

Frequently have no signal / emergency calls only. Have spoken several times to O2 who insist the signal is OK in the area. My boys both have O2 mobiles (Sony Z3 compacts) & have signal when I don't.

Android ver. 5.1

Baseband. M8974A-2.0-50.2.25

Kernal. 3.4.0-g8a80a0g

android-build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com#1

Thu Feb 5 04:14:26 UTC 2015

Build Number. LMY47l

Any help appreciated.

Message 25 of 29

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I would do a sim swap first and if that doesn't help get the phone checked for faults.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, Have now tried my husband EE sim in the phone & all's well.

My O2 sim in his phone (LG G3) doesn't get a connection & shows Emergency Calls Only.

SO ut doesn't look like the phone. Also found out today that my boys service drops in & out all the time but they don't call / txt much & mainly use Wifi.

Is it possible to get O2 to actually do anything ?

Message 27 of 29

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Today is a bad day for O2 - Network has been down for a while.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 29

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 29 of 29