cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5 Signal Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Wife and I both have a Nexus 5 (mine is Black and hers is White) and we are experiencing signal problems.

It will just randomly drop all signal and say "no signal" and then change to "emergency calls only" and they shoot right up to full bars.

When I had my S3 and she had her S2 we never experienced any signal loss so I am putting it down to the phone or the new sim cards. 

I have just checked http://status.o2.co.uk/ and it says that everything is normal for my post code so I don't think it is network related.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with the Nexus 5.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They're not "faulty" it's just a poor modem.
Thread here on xda about it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558127
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I'll just deal with it until they bring out 4.4.3 or whatever and hope that they change tthe baseband to one that is better.

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome hope you get sorted soon slight_smile
Message 14 of 29

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is details on the link I posted to flashing back to the old firmware if it gets too annoying whilst you are waiting for an update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
So since I last replied. I flashed back to the old firmware with no improvement, fresh installed 4.4.3 which had the same issues and finally updated to 4.4.4 but I'm still getting signal drops and no service. I've ran out of ideas except to rma but most likely the new one will be the same and I doubt they'll let me choose a new phone.
Message 16 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to hear that.  😞

In this life you don't get if you don't ask. 

Ref a new phone !!

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem but it got fixed for me once I updated to android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 for me, I had updated to 4.4.3 and 2 days later 4.4.4 was available and updated again. So it was one of those updates that fixed it for me. It should be noted that I also did a hard reset after the update!
Message 18 of 29

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I had heard that 4.4.4 fixed the signal issue for other users....
Is your signal OK in your area ?
http://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies. Signal is OK in my area. I'm going to backup my data, wipe the phone and install the 4.4.4 factory image and see if that makes a difference. If not then I'll take it into a store and explain what I've done and see if they can help.
Message 20 of 29