Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Question... phone advice needed.

SallyMagpie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Righteo, your going to get sick of me and my stupid questions, but I kinda like your impartial advice, so hey!

I at the moment have a blackberry which I adore, but its battery is slowly dying, and I am going to replace it with an android. I can't tell you why. But I don't want an iphone, and I have a bit of a problem with Simpsons Tapped Out ( I won't go to rehab, I enjoy it too much) So, its got to be android.

Now, I am stuck.

At the moment I carry around with me a kindle, a samsung galaxy tab and my phone. I would like to reduce this down, so I am happy to have a bigger phone, so I can do without the tab in my handbag.

I have been looking at the Sony Z3 or the HTC One M8. Is there a positive or a negative to either of these? Would I be better waiting for a kitkat phone?

My data useage on my blackberry is low low, but I am worried when I move over to an android it will go through the roof because my sister that that problem with hers.. However, most of the time I am on the wifi at home.

So many questions, so little answers.

Any ideas?

My requirements are

- lets me play simpsons tapped out

- lets me use instagram

- has a big screen

- comes in a nice/girl colour OR has a nice coloured case which is made by the same brand of the phone. Id on't want no £1.99 **bleep**e off of ebay... (this is one of the reasons I am tempted by the M8)

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@SallyMagpie wrote:

I need to be able to look, decide, and then just buy. Any hard sell, or information which I know isn't right and I just can't be doing with it.

That's the same for lots of people wink

2gb of data would be more than enough for your usage and it would just stop if you used it all up with O2, so no worry about extra costs slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 55

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know people get narked with the hard sell. I only once stepped foot in phones for you, and walked straight back out. They were like a pack of wolves on you.

Think im going to look at the cases. I think that might be a key.

Pity none of these blooming phones are pink!

Message 22 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
I avoided P4U for the same reasons.
Message 23 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@SallyMagpie wrote:

I know people get narked with the hard sell. I only once stepped foot in phones for you, and walked straight back out. They were like a pack of wolves on you.

Think im going to look at the cases. I think that might be a key.

PINK? Now that is a comment I would make...so I go for the nearest thing...RED.... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just to add @SallyMagpie  I have TWO red cases for my new Note 3....

Which is the damnedest thing...I haven't even got the phone yet... Jaw-dropping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 55

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@SallyMagpie wrote:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/phones/htc-one-m8/handset?colourCode=PINK

HTC-ONE-M8_PINK_1.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 55

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That note thing looks nice, and you get a pen with it... but £43 a month, **bleep**.

Message 27 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Have you seen the pink HTC @MI5  posted above Sally...? Looks nice...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 55

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cleoriff, the colour of my case and phone is one of the most important things ( along with simpsons tapped out) One of the best day of last year was finding out that Cath Kidston did blackberry cases.

Mi5 (im watching spooks as we speak)

Yeah, but those phones which are exclusive to X Y or Z, don't you think they are akin to a chav stamp? lets people identify what and where you do stuff?

Message 29 of 55

SallyMagpie
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmm, for 2gb a month its £10 cheaper through CPW instead of O2 direct. These refresh contracts are pants.

Message 30 of 55