cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone won't except sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 that was locked to the O2 network. I previously had an iPhone 4s. I have taken my sim from the old phone and put it in the galaxy, but it is saying there is no service. The signal strength is full and I gave checked the networks and it is connected to O2 but will not let me make calls, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only the network that placed the imei can legally lift it I'm afraid.

Legally an imei blocked handset is still the property of the insurance company or network.
Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there anything that can be done for a blocked IMEI? Or is it a write off?

Pretty much a write off I'm afraid by any legal means,.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Turns out the phone was IMEI blocked. I handed it in at the PS so hopefully they will get it back to its rightful owner....moral of the story do not buy a mobile phone 2nd hand from a relatively unknown source. I will probably just buy new in the future. Anyway thanks for all the advice guys.
Message 23 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Turns out the phone was IMEI blocked. I handed it in at the PS so hopefully they will get it back to its rightful owner....moral of the story do not buy a mobile phone 2nd hand from a relatively unknown source. I will probably just buy new in the future. Anyway thanks for all the advice guys.

What an expensive lesson @Anonymous  Really sorry for you.... but thanks for coming back to update your thread wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As we feared then. Sorry for your bad experience, sometimes you just have to learn the lesson and be all the wiser for it. I never like to hear of anyone being defrauded in this way.:smileysad:

Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh no. 😞

I'm so sorry to hear the outcome which we all feared.

Message 26 of 26