Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New icon on Google

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone know what this is that appears on some (not all) Google searches. Its the blue banner at the top with circles and an arrow. Swiping in any direction doesnt do anything, but it stays at the top of the page even when you scroll down. Clicking the arrow goes back a page, but seems a very elaborate back button seeing as phones have them anyway

Like i said its not on all searches, just 50% of them. Clicking a link and going to that page makes it disappear, so its a Google thing. Confuzling me grin

Screenshot_2016-05-23-16-28-01.png

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I think it's for reading news articles without having to open links, at least that's what I've been using it for. If you click on one of those news results, it should open the article within the google web page, allow you to read it, and scroll right or left to the next articles, all without having to click on each individual news site

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

I think it's for reading news articles without having to open links, at least that's what I've been using it for. If you click on one of those news results, it should open the article within the google web page, allow you to read it, and scroll right or left to the next articles, all without having to click on each individual news site

Message 2 of 4

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ah thats it, mystery solved. Thanks slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

PhoneDoc
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics