Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S3 Firmware released today

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Samsung have just released I9300XXEMB1 (BTU). It appears to still be 4.1.2 which will lbe the third UK release of pretty much the same firmware. Can't find any details or changelog at the moment but will post back if I find anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done the update last night, eventually. Had to do a Microsoft update before Kies would install a new driver after a Kies update. Phone wouldn't connect over USB untill it was installed. After that it took around 30-40 minutes. Not noticed any significant difference in operation yet, Google magazines has been there since the previous update. Could be a patch to make ready for 4.2.2.

If I remember correctly update has to be done via usb connection, never managed to get it to happen over Wi-Fi. Usually just get a message saying "Updates are done in the order they are requested, please try again later" or words to that effect.

Message 21 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on o2 and I haven't got this... Just kidding... anything else been discovered apart from google magazines? The only thing i want is the new feature to take 360° photos but i think this is only available in 4.2, unless you found it in the new firmware?

Message 22 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, photosphere is only on the Nexus 4 at the moment. It's proprietary Google software so not sure if Sammy will include it in their ROM's either. Nothing else new except appalling battery life..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure you already can by changing your camera mode to panoramic.

Message 24 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Panoramic is not the same as Photosphere wink

Currently using:
Message 25 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, my gf has the nexus and photosphere is a fun little toy to play with. I hope to god samsung release it, otherwise i may just have to go for a nexus myself  

Message 26 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I doubt it will be on Sammy firmware (they might do their own version but it won't be the same).

Currently using:
Message 27 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love a detailed changed log, I was on I9300XXELLA before now i have updated today to I9300XXEMB1 the only thing i spotted was they added more bloatware Play Magazines & Play Music that I can't uninstall or remove unless I root, and now taking Screenshots now feels glitchy! 😞

Message 28 of 45

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love a detailed changed log,

I've been looking and can't find anything. If you do find something please post a link....

Currently using:
Message 29 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone got any info on today's update?
Message 30 of 45